Thread: Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")

john doe Guest

Default Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")

i got the error:<BR>Response object error &#039ASP 0156 : 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>Header Error <BR><BR>/top.asp, line 5 <BR><BR>The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content. <BR>maybe it is becouse the:<BR>Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT") ??<BR>the bizar thing is that in some comp&#039 it is on - and no error is shwon, but in some Browsers i get errors ....<BR><BR>what to do?!<BR>please,<BR>thank you.<BR>

Default RE: Request.ServerVariables(

Hi,<BR><BR>At the top of your script below <BR><BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062;<BR>&#060;%Option Explicit%&#062;<BR><BR>Place this line of code :<BR><BR>&#060;%Response.Buffer = True%&#062;<BR><BR>The reason you get this error is because the &#060;HTML&#062; headers are being written to the page before the script has time to execute and send the data to the browser. RESPONSE.BUFFER=TRUE, will buffer the information and then send it to the client, before writting the &#060;HTML&#062; headers.<BR><BR>I think you will find that this will solve your problem.<BR><BR>James