IIS takes too long with ASP pages

Thread: IIS takes too long with ASP pages

Default IIS takes too long with ASP pages

Question: I&#039m running IIS 4 on an NT 4 server. When I request any<BR>ASP page, it takes too long to load. Why is this? Other standard<BR>HTM pages load straight away.<BR>

Default RE: IIS takes too long with ASP pages

It is normal that ASP page takes slightly more time to be loaded then normal HTML. The more powerful machine you have the less the difference it would be. Still, setting NT and IIS is tricky stuff.<BR><BR>I would say, the most important things with NT are:<BR>- page file(s) properly set (let&#039s say at least 1.5 times your RAM);<BR>- not to start all services automaticly (on start up) - some of the can be started manualy only of needed);<BR>- don&#039t test the abilities of NT "multitasking" - don&#039t keep to many application open at once;<BR>- in IIS set it to boost applications and to serve less that 10000 page accesses;<BR>- RAM;<BR>- RAM;<BR>- and more RAM...<BR><BR>Anyway, setting NT and IIS is a long story... Feel free to e-mail me: stevang@mail.com

Nathan Pond Guest

Just a thought, since you seem to know a lot on the subject, why don&#039t you write an article for 4guysfromrolla.com or 15seconds.com on performance with IIS and ASP? There are many out there, like myself, who are always looking for ways to fine tune, and you&#039re right, it is tricky business.<BR><BR>Nathan

Thanks, I always think of myself not beeing some kind of expert (modest I guess). Anyway, I always keep .doc file(s) of every new discovery I make (no matter sombody tells me or I find it on my own). E-mail me and I might find some useful things about NT and IIS tuning for you, if you wish.<BR><BR>stevang@mail.com