Email ASP Page

Thread: Email ASP Page

Default Email ASP Page

Hey folks, I am working on a page that is in consideration for hiring people from an intranet site. <BR><BR>The hiring manager would go to this page, fill in name, first and last, department, etc... The results of this asp page would then be emailed to a group of people who would act on it accordingly.<BR><BR>Now, the way I could handle this is by putting the information in a database, and then coming back after the fact with a mailing program that would pull the information out and send it to people, but it has a couple of limitations that would make it difficult to do without having to add additional fields to the database (A big no-no to me).<BR><BR>Thoughts?

Default ASPFAQs, category EMail

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of this very page.<BR><BR>Look in the category noted above for questions related to yours.<BR><BR>Short answer: Of course you can do it.<BR><BR>Better answer: So if the email fails for some reason, how are you going to resend it if you didn&#039;t capture the info in a DB? What would be so hard about adding another table to the DB *just for* the purpose of sending the email???<BR><BR>