Menu Problem

Thread: Menu Problem

Default Menu Problem

Hi,<BR><BR>I apologise if this sounds confusing!<BR><BR>I am used to creating forms in MS Access with menus that you can progressivly type the value into, until it shows the full value:<BR><BR>IE: Claire= Keystokes C + L + A + I + R + E<BR>Will scroll to all instances of Claire.<BR><BR>However the same input via a menu on an ASP form shows the first name that begins with C then the first name that begins with L etc.<BR><BR>Is there a way to make the menu work the same as on a MS Access form???<BR><BR>Many Thanks<BR><BR>Darrell...<BR>

Default RE: Menu Problem

You have to code it. There&#039;s no way to make it work like that.<BR><BR>The most common way is to have a text field and an array in JS. Using the "onChange" event handler of the text field, you search the JS array and create options in a select box underneath which match the beginning string...<BR><BR>There are some tutorials. I just had a quick look around, but couldn&#039;t find them. Try<BR><BR>Craig.

Default Someone from..

.. the messageboard wrote some DHTML thing that worked pretty snazzily.<BR><BR>Try searching the board (good luck) or do a Google search.