web config error

Thread: web config error

Default web config error

I&#039;m getting this error trying to add my connection. am i missing something?<BR><BR>// CODE IN PAGE<BR>conn = New OleDbConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings( "conn"))<BR><BR>// CODE IN .CONFIG<BR>&#060;configuration&#062;<BR> &#060;system.web&#062;<BR> &#060;customErrors mode="Off"/&#062;<BR> &#060;/system.web&#062;<BR>&#060;/configuration&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;MyAppSettings&#06 2;<BR> &#060;add key="conn" value="PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=c:websites
    edatabasehomes.mdb" /&#062;<BR> &#060;/MyAppSettings&#062;<BR><BR>// ERROR<BR>Runtime Error <BR>Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. <BR><BR>Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a &#060;customErrors&#062; tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This &#060;customErrors&#062; tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".<BR><BR><BR>&#060;!-- Web.Config Configuration File --&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;configuration&#062;<BR> &#060;system.web&#062;<BR> &#060;customErrors mode="Off"/&#062;<BR> &#060;/system.web&#062;<BR>&#060;/configuration&#062;<BR> <BR>

Default RE: web config error

when i have gotten that kind of thing in the past, it had to do with not actually uploading the file that i thought i had uploaded.<BR><BR>what i mean is that you might not have uploaded the version of web.config that you are quoting here in your posting. this would explain why it seems that the customerErrors mode is set to "off" when the version of web.config actually running on your system is acting like it is set to "on"<BR><BR>my suggestion is that you go do something else for a while and come back in 10 minutes with a clear head and step through all the numb-nut reasons that the wrong version might be loaded on the server. the answer is not readily apparent, but i am sure it is simple. it just takes stepping away from the problem and then picking through it meticulously