Sending a file from client browser to Server

Thread: Sending a file from client browser to Server

Default Sending a file from client browser to Server

This is a VB/ASP Application.<BR><BR>I want to send a file (Mdb file)from client browser to Server and from Server to Client browser. Client works offline means using VB application he wants to update local database (Mdb file - Access) and when he connects to Internet application, this database should be uploaded to the server (Sql Database).<BR><BR>In the same context the server has to send the Mdb (Access) file to the client .<BR><BR>Please guide me how to proceed in this matter.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Prasad <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: Sending a file from client browser to Server

That&#039s walking on thin ice. There are import/export features in MS SQL 7.0, but they are shaky and don&#039t always transfer everything correctly, such as identity fields. And other than that I don&#039t know of a way you could automate the import/export process. If you can work that out however, the uploading and downloading parts are easy. Download can be hone with reguilar html, and upload can be done with the use of a com object and ASP. I don&#039t know of any off hand but I know the component section at activeserverpages.com. Let me know if you have any questions.<BR><BR>Nathan Pond