Unspecified Error in MS Access

Thread: Unspecified Error in MS Access

Default Unspecified Error in MS Access

I am trying to execute a sql stored procedure in MS ACCESS that returns a tablename as output, using this code<BR><BR>Set cmd = New Command<BR>cmd.CommandText = proc_list_box.Value<BR>cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc<BR><BR>&#039;Set the Command object parameters<BR>Set prm = cmd.CreateParameter("tableName", adLongVarChar, adParamOutput, 20)<BR>cmd.Parameters.Append prm<BR><BR><BR>&#039; Establish connection with the alphabase data base and create the record set<BR>Set cnn1 = New ADODB.Connection<BR>cnn1.ConnectionTimeout = 30<BR>cnn1.Open "DSN=alphabase;UID=sa;PWD=alpha"<BR>Set cmd.ActiveConnection = cnn1<BR>Set rst2 = cmd.Execute ---------- right here the compiler gives an unspecified error. I have been racking my brains on this for the past 2 days, trying to see whats going on..... kindly advise<BR>

Default RE: Unspecified Error in MS Access

In Internet Explorer, under TOOLS/OPTIONS/ADVANCED make sure that "Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages" is not checked. Reexecute and see if it gives you a more discrete error message.