Pls help

Thread: Pls help

Default Pls help

&nbsp;<BR>Hi,<BR><BR>I wonder if anyone can help me out with this. I have a cooking recipe site (ASP + Access2000) with standard recipes, i.e. ingredients for 4 people. MY QUESTION : Is there a way to have users choose number of people so they would have quantity of ingredients and cooking times adjusted to their needs.<BR><BR>Also where could I find a rating script like those on many sites, so that my users could rate the recipes and a kind of star rating would appear by each recipe.<BR><BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>Vince

Default You could round it

a bit, if you&#039;re not overly concerned... for instance:<BR><BR>multiplier = Int(NUMBEROFGUESTS / 4)<BR><BR>flourAmt = cupsOfFlour * multiplier<BR><BR>It&#039;ll be off a bit for, say, 6 people, but it beats having to add something like 1.333333333333 cups of something. This way it turns out neat, and nearly accurate.<BR><BR>Just add a space in your database for the "vote". Then, take the average (AVG) and display it in your page. You could even do a SELECT CASE statement to have the average lookup a .gif of stars or something.