Hi there,<BR><BR>I have some files outside of the IIS wwwroot and want them to be available for download. I wrote a script, which works fine for Internet Explorer and Netscape 6.2. <BR><BR>Mozilla 1.0 and Netscape 7.0 will also download the files, but will rename the filename to something else...<BR><BR>For instance: I have this file named "foo.ext". When I am trying to download this file with netscape 7.0 and Mozilla 1.0, then those browser will rename the file to: "foo.ext.asp"<BR><BR>Does anybody know a solution to this problem?<BR>This is basically the script:<BR><BR>Response.Buffer = TRUE<BR>Response.Expires = 0<BR>Response.ContentType = "application/octet-stream"<BR><BR>strMyPath = "C:path86"<BR>&#039; the file 86 does not have an extention, but I retrieve the extention from my database<BR><BR>Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition","attachment;filename=86.xm"<BR><BR>Se t objFileSys = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Filesystemobject")< BR><BR>Set objFile = objFileSys.GetFile(strMyPath)<BR>FileSize = objFile.Size<BR>Set objFile = Nothing<BR><BR>Set objFile = objFileSys.OpenTextFile(strMyPath, 1, false, -1)<BR><BR>Response.Clear<BR>Response.Flush<BR>Resp onse.BinaryWrite(objFile.Read(FileSize))<BR><BR>Se t objFile = Nothing<BR>Set objFileSys = Nothing