LoadPostData() not firing

Thread: LoadPostData() not firing

Default LoadPostData() not firing

I have a custom control. I need to implement the SelectedIndex property and maintain it's state via round trips. I am attempting to use the LoadPostData() method to evaluate a change in a selection. (dropdownlist inherited control) However, this method is NEVER FIRED. I test for it's firing by setting a temporary property, which holds it's initilization state. How to get this property to fire?

Default RE: LoadPostData() not firing

I expected it to fire every time there was a postback!<BR>I&#039;ve been diging in Mono.net to see how they do things.<BR><BR>for now try<BR>override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e)<BR>{<BR>...<BR><BR>Page.RegisterRequiresPostBac k(this);<BR>}<BR>

Default RE: LoadPostData() not firing

The thing is this one seems to work :<BR>http://cvs.hispalinux.es/cgi-bin/cvsweb/mcs/class/System.Web/System.Web.UI.WebControls/TextBox.cs?cvsroot=Mono&rev=1

Default RE: LoadPostData() not firing . The answer

Note It is essential that the rendering logic assign the UniqueID to the name attribute of the control as in the following example. The page framework is unable to route a postback event to your control if its name attribute on the client does not match its UniqueID.<BR>