Send data via ASP to another application

Thread: Send data via ASP to another application

Maarten Van Laere Guest

Default Send data via ASP to another application

I would like to send via an ASP data to another application via the POST method and thus avoiding that the user can see the data in the url.<BR><BR>Is there a way to do is in ASP?

lincolntc Guest

Default RE: Send data via ASP to another application

be more specific. from where is the data coming? how are you capturing it initially?

Lincoln,<BR><BR>I am gathering the username and password from a cookie with asp. The application I would like to send the data to understands only the POST protocol and not the GET. I use the ASP page to read the cookie. I would like to use it to send the data with the POST method and at the same time avoiding that there is an intermediate form that shows up - the asp function should read the information and forward it immediatly to other application.<BR><BR>Thanks for your help

Rob Holt Guest

I guess the app(page?) you are posting to is looking for a specific form object? Hope this helps. Here goes.<BR><BR>Several methods.<BR>1. Hidden fields on the FROM page.<BR>The page you are POSTing TO would need to have the following.<BR>&#060;% varTemp = Request.Form("hidVariable")<BR><BR>2. Use a Session variable (kinda like a global cookie.)<BR>User can &#039see&#039 this though, if Show Cookies is turned on, not likely.