Can't Connect to SQL Server 2000

Thread: Can't Connect to SQL Server 2000

Default Can't Connect to SQL Server 2000

I&#039;m running SQL Server 2000 on a separate machine. If I run my asp page on my XP Pro desktop at work, I can connect to the dbase fine. However, if I run the identical code on my XP Pro desktop at home, I get the error message:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80004005)<BR>[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]Specified SQL server not found.<BR>/ba.subscribers.asp, line 21<BR><BR>I&#039;m really puzzled because this SQL Server obviously does exist. I can connect to it through SQL client tools from home, the userid and password are correct because I can connect to it from another machine (work). <BR><BR>This is my connection string:<BR><BR>&#039;Create our connection (SQL Server OLEDB Connection)<BR>Set con=Server.Createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>con .ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=x.x.x.x,1520; Initial Catalog=BoardAnalyst; User ID=x; Password=x" <BR>con.Open<BR><BR>This just started occuring after many months of running successfully. Thanks.<BR><BR>

Default I presume...

...that this DB is set up for SQL Server Authentication and *not* Integrated Authentication???<BR><BR>You might want to double check that. If it&#039;s set up for Integrated, then it might be because your IIS server at home doesn&#039;t have permission. (Your client tools will be running under your id, and so would pass the Integrate authentication; but IIS doesn&#039;t run under your id.)<BR><BR>Just a stab in the dark.<BR><BR>