Need help with ADO NEWBIE. Thanks

Thread: Need help with ADO NEWBIE. Thanks

Default Need help with ADO NEWBIE. Thanks

I&#039ve created my connection to my database and I&#039ve also created an ODBC and I get this error message!<BR><BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e7a&#039 <BR><BR>ADO could not find the specified provider. <BR><BR>/ionsmdiinc-82/mck-cgi/testdriver.asp, line 108 <BR><BR>Line 108 is: cnn.Open "dsnname"<BR><BR>Please help

Jason Miller Guest

Default Poor server is all confused...

It&#039s that you&#039re telling it to find a database called "dsnname" (flat literal value, not a reference). I&#039d be lost, too.<BR><BR>Your code should look more like:<BR> "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & MAIN_DB & ";User ID=admin;"<BR><BR>where "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" is replaced with your db driver (the Jet is the default driver for Access 2000 and high patch levels of 97), "MAIN_DB" is replaced with something to the effect of "server.mapPath("/db/myDatabase.mdb")", and "admin" is replaced with a username (if necessary; you may also need a "password=x" after that).<BR><BR>Poke around in the 4Guys&#039 search engine for OLE DB to get more info.<BR>