In response to article on protecting files <BR><BR> <BR><BR>Good article BTW but I&#039;m getting an error. Someone calling himself &#039;God&#039; ha!! haRRRR!, replied to my other post with some unhelpful bravado saying we&#039;ll get to your string whatever, what waste of time.<BR><BR>I get this error below and Though I scoured the net I don&#039;t know why <BR><BR>Error Type: <BR>(0x80020009) <BR>Exception occurred. <BR><BR>code I&#039;m using below <BR><BR>&#060;% <BR>Response.Buffer = True <BR><BR>response.Expires = 0 <BR>response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 1 <BR>response.addHeader "pragma","no-cache" <BR>response.addHeader "cache-control","private" <BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache" <BR><BR>&#039;Read in the filename <BR>Dim strFileName <BR>strFileName = "filename" <BR><BR>&#039;The file name is really a complex directory and the filename, though <BR>&#039;We need to append the directory name to the front of the filename! <BR>Const strDirectory= "C:INetPubwwwroot4GuysFromRolla\" <BR><BR>&#039;I won&#039;t show my directory for obvious reasons but I&#039;m assuming &#039;I just replace 4GuysFromRolla with my folder <BR><BR>strFileName2=strDirectory & strFileName <BR><BR>Response.ContentType = "application/octet-stream" <BR><BR>Dim oFM, oBS <BR>Set oFM = CreateObject("SoftArtisans.FileManager") <BR>Set oBS = oFM.OpenBinaryFile(strFileName2) <BR><BR>Response.BinaryWrite oBS.ReadAll <BR><BR>Set oBS = Nothing <BR>Set oFM = Nothing <BR><BR><BR>%&#062; <BR>