help me help me help me...

Thread: help me help me help me...

Default help me help me help me...

well...i have tried a couple of things...here is my code..<BR>&#060;% <BR> Set Mailer = Server.CreateObject ("SMTPsvg.Mailer") <BR> Mailer.FromName = Request.Form("name")<BR> Mailer.FromAddress = Request.Form("from")<BR> Mailer.Subject = Request.Form("subject")<BR> Mailer.BodyText = Request.Form("contact")<BR> Mailer.RemoteHost = "smtp.themortgagehouse.com.hosting.pacbell.net"<BR > Mailer.Priority = 1<BR><BR> Mailer.AddRecipient "Dan Shank", "dshank@themortgagehouse.com" <BR> Mailer.AddCC "dan shank", "dan_shank@msn.com" <BR><BR> if Mailer.SendMail then <BR> &#039; Message sent sucessfully <BR> response.write ("Thank you, you will get an email confirmation within 24 hours.") <BR> else <BR> &#039; Message send failure <BR> response.write ("There was an error while submiting your information, please report all problems to Dan Shank (818)227-0922 or (818)292-6598. Thank You") <BR> response.write ("The error was: " & Mailer.Response) <BR> end if <BR><BR>Set Mailer = Nothing <BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>here is my errror...<BR>Server object error &#039;ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039; <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/flyers/asp/form.asp, line 2 <BR><BR>Invalid class string <BR><BR><BR>SMTPsvg is installed on the server and there are other web folders on the server that can send mail...but they use frontpage....i dont like frontpage.....what can i do...what is the next step to take...do i just submit and use frontpage...or do i continue to try to hand code my own scripts...any solutions???

Default It's not installed...

Oh, the DLL for SMPTsvg might be present on the server, but that "Invalid class string" message says the it&#039;s not registered.<BR><BR>And it *must* be in the registry to be accessible as an ActiveX object.<BR><BR>To prove me wrong (or right), bring up <BR> regedit<BR>(or regedt32 if this is an old NT server) and do a FIND for SMTPsvg.Mailer<BR><BR>If you find it, then check that its InProcServer32 (I think that&#039;s the right property...but close if not) points to the location where the DLL actually resides. If not, that would be a problem. (But I think that would get a different error than "invalid class string".)<BR><BR>If you don&#039;t find it...<BR><BR>Time to install it.<BR><BR>Go to the directory where the DLL is located and do<BR> regsvr xxx.dll<BR>(again, it might be regsvr32 on some machines).<BR><BR>This is 100% off the top of my head, so apologies if some of the names are a character or two off.<BR><BR>

Default RE: It's not installed...

thank you Mr. Wilkinson, you have been more than helpfull