Some ideas needed....

Thread: Some ideas needed....

Default Some ideas needed....

Hi,<BR><BR>I have a form which users fill in to select products and provide delivery details. I&#039;d like to keep them as one form if possible as the shipping details are pulled from a database and rarely change. The information is presented to the user in text input boxes so they can make changes if necessary. Now I would like to extend the functionality and give users the option to save the new details by clicking an update button and writing to the database. I have this part sussed out and have written the page to do the update and return to the ordering form. <BR><BR>This is where I have run into a problem. When the user has selected the products they require and they click on the continue button, I need to validate the the form and in particular make sure they have filled out "all" of the delivery information. I currently have the delivery info in one form and the products in another, as I couldn&#039;t work out how to make the form run the update of delivery details from one button and validate and submit from another button.<BR><BR>Can anyone advise how I can validate the first form when the second form is submitted, or if there is a better and cleaner way to handle this.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR><BR>ab

Default Put it in one form...

...and just have the page that receives the form check to see which button was pushed.<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT Type=Submit Name="Submit" Value="Update my info"&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT TYpe=Submit Name="Submit" Value="Submit this order"&#062;<BR><BR>And then, on the next page:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>If Request("Submit") = "Update my info" Then<BR> ... do the update code ...<BR>Else<BR> ... do the other code<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>