Email not working

Thread: Email not working

Default Email not working

I have a small number of pages on a NT4.0 server with IIS and the e-mail worked fine. Have recently moved these pages to a Windows 2000 IIS5.0 server and now the e-mail from my ASP pages is not working at all. The SMTP service is running OK. Email runs OK from normal HTML forms. Any ideas?

Default My idea is that you are..

.. getting an error.<BR><BR>That error is upsetting your grandmother.<BR><BR>Your grandmother, in her upset state, is forgetting to tell your Monkey&#039;s Uncle about the e-mail.<BR><BR>Your Monkey&#039;s Uncle doesn&#039;t know an e-mail was being tried to be sent.<BR><BR>Your computer never sends the e-mail because your Monkey&#039;s Uncle doesn&#039;t tell it to. The Monkey&#039;s Uncle doesn&#039;t know it&#039;s supposed to because your grandmother didn&#039;t tell it. Your grandmother didn&#039;t tell it because she was upset about the error.

Default Sorry, I have no crystal ball...

and i&#039;d need one to answer this question with the limited details you&#039;re providing. <BR><BR>What component are you using to send the email? Is that component registered on your new server? <BR><BR>Are you getting an error? If not, it doesn&#039;t mean that one isn&#039;t being generated. SMTP errors won&#039;t cause your program to crash, so you have to specify to many email components to reponse.write the error if it occurs. <BR><BR>if you want help, we need more info.