problem with session i asp .net VB application

Thread: problem with session i asp .net VB application

Default problem with session i asp .net VB application

Hello.<BR>Sorry my not so good english, hope you&#039;ll understand my question.<BR><BR>I have a small application (VB) with a login(login.aspx) who checks username and password against a SQL server DB. If correct the user gets redirected to page2 (index.aspx).<BR>In index.aspx i have the following line of code:<BR>response.write(session.sessionID)<BR><BR> Now to the promblem, here&#039;s the scenario.<BR>step1: User1 logs in on computer1, the response.write line writes "4wegwxa30pkcen455tabqs55". <BR>step2: User2 logs in on computer2, the response.write line writes "ojllgbfinpsib2urhiv2ky45". <BR>step3: User1 refreshes his browser, the response.write line writes "ojllgbfinpsib2urhiv2ky45"<BR>summary: user1s session was "written over" by user2s session even though they log in om different computers. What might be the problem? Is something missing in my web.config file?<BR><BR>web.config<BR>&#060;?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;configuration&#062;<BR><BR> &#060;system.web&#062;<BR> &#060;compilation debug="true"/&#062;<BR> &#060;sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="true" timeout="640"/&#062;<BR> &#060;customErrors defaultRedirect="error.htm" mode="On" /&#062;<BR> &#060;/system.web&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;/configuration&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>/mats

Default RE: problem with session i asp .net VB application

Have you tried setting cookieless="false" in your SessionState portion of the web.config?