I need to authenicate a userid/password and then read the ldap dir for some attributes. We are using e-dir from novell. I have tried to use the Directory Searcher.<BR><BR>I found the following code: it won&#039;t validate the password, but I thought it would be a start:<BR><BR> Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load<BR> Dim entry As New DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("LDAP://psdfs1 o=psd ou=psd")<BR> Dim mySearcher As New System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher(entry)< BR> Dim res As SearchResult<BR> mySearcher.Filter = ("(sn= s*)")<BR> For Each res In mySearcher.FindAll()<BR> Response.Write(res.GetDirectoryEntry.Path)<BR> Next<BR><BR> End Sub<BR><BR>This is triggering the following error:<BR><BR>Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. <BR><BR>Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unknown error (0x80005000)<BR><BR>Source Error: <BR><BR>An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. <BR><BR>Stack Trace: <BR><BR><BR>[COMException (0x80005000): Unknown error (0x80005000)]<BR> System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boole an throwIfFail) +516<BR> System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +10<BR> System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObj ect() +10<BR> System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll (Boolean findMoreThanOne) +198<BR> System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll () +10<BR> ldap3.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:Documents and Settingssstegman.000VSWebCache igerpadsldap3WebForm1.aspx.vb:28<BR> System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67<BR> System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +29<BR> System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +724<BR><BR> <BR>thanks for your help!<BR>