Could Not Call DLL From ASP Page

Thread: Could Not Call DLL From ASP Page

Default Could Not Call DLL From ASP Page

Hi,<BR> I had created a DLL in which i created a word document and created a table in that document. After that i had saved the word document. I had registered the dll and i had called it from my ASP Page. But i am getting errors<BR><BR>ERROR IS<BR>800A175D - Could Not Open Macro Storage<BR><BR>When i am refering the same dll with another VB Exe Project and when i am calling the same function it is working fine and creating the word Document but when it is from ASP i am facing the above errors.<BR><BR>I am also sending my DLL Code as Well as ASP CODE<BR><BR>DLL CODE IS<BR>public Sub createWord()<BR> Dim wdApp As New Word.Application<BR> Dim myDoc As Word.Document<BR> Dim mywdRange As Word.Range<BR> wdApp.Visible = False<BR> <BR> Set myDoc = wdApp.Documents.Add<BR> Set mywdRange = myDoc.Words(1)<BR> With mywdRange<BR> .Tables.Add Range:=mywdRange, NumRows:=2, NumColumns:=2<BR> .Tables(1).Range.Font.Name = "Verdana"<BR> .Tables(1).Range.Font.Size = 10<BR> .Tables(1).Range.Font.Color = wdColorDarkRed<BR> .Tables(1).Range.Bold = True<BR> .Tables(1).Rows(1).Range.Text = "FOLLOW_UP:"<BR> .Tables(1).Columns(2).Cells(1).Range.Text = ""<BR> .Tables(1).Columns(2).Cells(1).Range.Bold = False<BR> .Tables(1).Rows(2).Range.Text = "Survey Type:"<BR> .Tables(1).Columns(2).Cells(2).Range.Text = "Remote Call"<BR> .Tables(1).Columns(2).Cells(2).Range.Bold = False<BR> End With<BR> <BR> wdApp.Visible = False<BR> myDoc.SaveAs FileName:=App.Path & ".doc"<BR> myDoc.Close<BR> wdApp.Quit<BR> Set wdApp = Nothing<BR> Set myDoc = Nothing<BR> Set mywdRange = Nothing<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>THE ASP CODE IS<BR> Dim objWord <BR> Set objWord = Server.CreateObject("wordPrj.wordCls")<BR> &#039;Here wordPrj is the Project Name<BR> &#039;And wordCls is the Class Name<BR> objWord.createWord()<BR><BR>If u dont mind please guide me so that it will be helpful to me.<BR><BR>Ok I am expecting Mail from from as soon as possible.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Srinivasa Kalyan

Default RE: Could Not Call DLL From ASP Page

the Word objects don&#039;t have enough permisisons for the IUSR account - this is a Word security restriction, and I&#039;m not 100% clear on how to sort it out, but a good first move would be the MS Knowledge base<BR><BR>j<BR>