Problem accessing to Oracle database

Thread: Problem accessing to Oracle database

Default Problem accessing to Oracle database

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve got this error when I try to access Oracle with ASP:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name<BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried both the System DSN (the DSN is tested working with another software) and DSN-less connection but still got the same error. I&#039;ve checked against the Microsoft knowledge base articles 255084 (HOWTO: Troubleshoot an ASP-to-Oracle Connectivity Problem) and 193225 (How to Configure IIS to Connect to Oracle from ASP and ADO) but I&#039;m still unable to find the cause of the problem. Could anyone advise me on this problem? <BR><BR>I&#039;m running Windows 2000 professional, IE5.5, IIS and Oracle 8.0.5.<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>Leo

Default It sounds like you haven't configured

the Oracle client software(Net 8 client) to "point" towards your database.<BR><BR>Open up the "Oracle Net8 Easy Config" tool (or something similar depending on your version of Oracle) and &#039;Add&#039; a new service name(i.e. TNS name) using the wizard.<BR><BR>You need to know the Oracle instance name of your Oracle database and the server DNS name or IP address. The instance name is usually ORCL by default unless you changed it (or ask your DBA) and the port number is usually 1521.<BR><BR>Anyways try that and if you get into trouble post back here. ; )<BR><BR>Pete