QueryString Problem w/ Netscape!

Thread: QueryString Problem w/ Netscape!

Dave2000 Guest

Default QueryString Problem w/ Netscape!

Within a form I have a drop down list box that pulls data from an access database and that list box is used to search for data based on the value selected. The form submits to itself and displays back the data I want in Internet Explorer with out any problem. The problem comes with Netscape. When I bring up the page, index.asp, in Netscape it doesn&#039t show the drop down list on the page, although if you do a view source the code is there. The only way I can get something to show up is to type "index.asp?id=" and that will show the the list box with an empty table where the data is to be displayed. From there I can select the from the list box and everything will work fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on this really irritating problem besides changing the URL in all my pages to index.asp?id= ? It&#039s a shame that Netscape (which makes up maybe 15% of the users who view this site) is such a pain to program for. Here is what the code looks like, starting with form:<BR><BR>&#060;form action="index.asp" method="post" name="theForm"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;select name="myValue" onChange="goThere(theForm,myValue)"&#062;<BR> &#060;option value=""&#062;Select Value&#060;/option&#062;<BR> &#060;%<BR> &#039 Now we pull the data from the database<BR> do until SelectRs.eof %&#062;<BR> &#060;option value="index.asp?id=&#060;%=SelectRs("insurance")% &#062;"&#062;&#060;%=SelectRs("insurance")%&#062;& #060;/option&#062;<BR> &#060;%<BR> SelectRs.MoveNext<BR> Loop<BR> %&#062;<BR> &#060;/select&#062;<BR> &#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for the help!<BR>

Default RE: QueryString Problem w/ Netscape!

I&#039ve found that Netscape will often not display form components, certain portions of tables, etc. if there is the least little thing wrong (wrong in Netscape&#039s view) with the tables or cells within a table. For example I&#039ve had problems where I&#039ve had to insert non-breaking spaces, or had to make sure I completed a font tag or some such thing....IE forgives a lot more than Netscape does. <BR><BR>To troubleshoot such problems in the past I usually save the original page, create a new empty page, and then slowly start adding tables and things from the original page, checking in the browser after every addition, until something stops showing up in the new page...that usually helps me narrow things down to the problem area. <BR><BR>hope this is of some small help