PWS / HTTP Error 500-12 Application Restarting

Thread: PWS / HTTP Error 500-12 Application Restarting

Default PWS / HTTP Error 500-12 Application Restarting

I gotta strange one here.<BR><BR>My Windows 2000 Pro IIS is working perfectly on all my own created websites, but I am going through a book entitled "Step by Step Web Database Development" when I make this the default website and when I go to run any of the database pages I get the error.<BR><BR>The page cannot be displayed <BR>There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. <BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Please try the following:<BR><BR>Click the Refresh button, or try again later; it does not normally take a long time for an application to restart.<BR><BR>Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want. <BR>HTTP Error 500-12 Application Restarting<BR>Internet Information Services<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR><BR>Background:<BR>The request cannot be processed while the Web site is restarting.<BR><BR><BR>More information:<BR>Microsoft Support <BR><BR><BR><BR>What the heck is going on with that? <BR>

Default RE: PWS / HTTP Error 500-12 Application Restarting

The app will restart when your global.asa changes. do you have a virus scanner or some other program which may be agressively scanning global.asa?