connecting to an access database on my remote serv

Thread: connecting to an access database on my remote serv

Default connecting to an access database on my remote serv

I&#039;m having problems extablishing a connection-<BR>All of my code works fine on localhost but when I put in on my remote server I can&#039;t seem to make the database connection.<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Dim objConn<BR> Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> objConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " & _<BR> "Data Source= C:Inetpubwwwrootcaterdatadatabaseclassified.mdb"<B R><BR> If Session("blnValidUser") = True and Session("PersonID") = "" Then<BR> Dim rsPersonIDCheck<BR> Set rsPersonIDCheck = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> Dim strSQL <BR> strSQL = "SELECT PersonID FROM Person " & _ <BR> "WHERE EMailAddress = &#039;" & Session("EMailAddress") & "&#039;;"<BR> rsPersonIDCheck.Open strSQL, objConn<BR> If rsPersonIDCheck.EOF Then<BR> Session("blnValidUser") = False<BR> Else<BR> Session("PersonID") = rsPersonIDCheck("PersonID")<BR> End If<BR> rsPersonIDCheck.Close<BR> Set rsPersonIDCheck = Nothing<BR> End If<BR>%&#062;<BR>--------------------<BR>Of course I realize that I need to change the Data Source but everything I&#039;ve tried has not worked--<BR><BR>---------------------------------<BR>Or trying ADO connections<BR>DSN="classified"))<BR><BR>any suggestions would be a big help

Default Nothing wrong with your..

.. connection string.<BR><BR>Just make sure the path to the database is correct.<BR><BR>Are you getting an error or what?