Updatate Combobox options based on other combobox (ASP/SQL)

Thread: Updatate Combobox options based on other combobox (ASP/SQL)

Default Updatate Combobox options based on other combobox (ASP/SQL)

I&#039ve got a form including some textareas and two ComboBoxes with options taken from SQL-string. When I select option in the first one I want the other one to get new options (requerry SQL), I&#039d be glad if I don&#039t have to post the form because I want to keep the text in the textboxes. How can I do this? I would prefer to use VB-script, because I&#039ve used that everywhere else.

Shawn Clabough Guest

Default RE: Updatate Combobox options based on other combobox (ASP/SQL)

I believe you will have to use client-side script to accomplish this without re-posting the form. An action on one combo-box will trigger a java/vb script function that populates the other combo-box.

Thanx!

I&#039m a nobody when it comes to java, how can I pass an array of strings to the java-script, I&#039ve found a script that does the work with static arrays but I need to use the result from a recordset. I&#039ve splited the recordset to three arrays into someting like this:<BR>Array1 Array2 Array3<BR>------ ------ -----<BR>abcdef 1 2<BR>ghijkl 5 37<BR>monpqr 2 5

Try resubmitting the page to itself.<BR>Example:<BR>sub cboName_OnChange<BR>frmName.Submit<BR>resub = true<BR>&#039After the resub then<BR>If resub = True then<BR>SQL= SQL....<BR>&#039Fill the other cbo&#039s<BR>