Using FileSystem Object to fetch extra details

Thread: Using FileSystem Object to fetch extra details

Default Using FileSystem Object to fetch extra details

&nbsp;<BR>Windows XP provides additional information on a file like. Comment,<BR>Dimensions, BitRate, camera Model, Comments etc.<BR><BR>I have been using the Filesystemobject to get information like<BR>datecreated and file name in a folder<BR><BR>The script I use for doing this<BR><BR>----------------------------------------------------<BR>&#060;%<BR> Dim strPathInfo, strPhysicalPath<BR> strPathInfo = Request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO")<BR> strPhysicalPath = Server.MapPath(strPathInfo)<BR><BR> Dim objFSO, objFile, objFileItem, objFolder, objFolderContents<BR> Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<BR><BR> Set objFile = objFSO.GetFile(strPhysicalPath)<BR> Set objFolder = objFile.ParentFolder<BR> Set objFolderContents = objFolder.Files<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> For Each objFileItem in objFolderContents<BR>%&#062;<BR> &#060;A HREF="&#060;%= objFileItem.Name %&#062;"&#062; &#060;FONT FACE="Verdana"<BR>SIZE="3"&#062;<BR> &#060;%= objFileItem.Name %&#062;&#060;/FONT&#062;<BR> &#060;/A&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR> Next<BR>%&#062;<BR>----------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Is it possible to also retrieve those additional details like comments,dimensions etc. using FSO or is there some other object out there,<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>

Default FSO won't do it.

And, I doubt that there is a component that will do it for every type of file.