I am writing an ASP .Net web application that accesses data from a third party data server. This server will only communicate with me through a specific port on my server, thus I must bind my TCP socket to this local port. <BR><BR>A problem arises when a socket is created, bound to this local port, connected, and then there is an execution error, and the socket does not get shut down.<BR>(I&#039;ve attempted to include the socket shutdown and close routine in my exeption handling, to no avail)<BR><BR>Then the socket is left open, and I can not run my code again (error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted)<BR><BR>This despite including this line after creating the socket:<BR>s.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel.Soc ket, SocketOptionName.ReuseAddress, 1)<BR><BR>Obviously this socket option is not working.<BR><BR>Is there a way to programatically kill all open sockets on my server? Note this server is not on site, it is at a web site hosting service, so I do not have direct control over it. However, I must run this code from that machine because only it has firewall access to the third party data provider.<BR><BR>Help!<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>