About CustomError Setting in web.config!

Thread: About CustomError Setting in web.config!

Default About CustomError Setting in web.config!

Hi, Can anyone give me a hand?<BR>My code does work well in local server, but when I upload to the hosting, the following message displayed:<BR>Server Error in &#039;/huan43&#039; Application.<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Runtime Error <BR>Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. <BR><BR>Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a &#060;customErrors&#062; tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This &#060;customErrors&#062; tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".<BR><BR><BR>&#060;!-- Web.Config Configuration File --&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;configuration&#062;<BR> &#060;system.web&#062;<BR> &#060;customErrors mode="Off"/&#062;<BR> &#060;/system.web&#062;<BR>&#060;/configuration&#062;<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>I have try to set the mode to be On, Off and RemoteOnly individually, but the same error message displayed whatever what option I have chose.<BR><BR>Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it? and how can I solve this problem. <BR><BR>Thank you very much!<BR>

Default machine.config?

your code seems to be right. perhaps, though, your application might be running at a lower level than another file with different settings that override your own settings. machine.config comes to mind. it is similar to web.config but works at the machine level and i believe overrides web.config settings if it wants to. perhaps you should ask your web hosting company if they have blocked customErrors for one reason or another and if they will unblock it.<BR><BR>if this helps, i would appreciate some advice on my problem which is below yours on the list. <BR><BR>also, you dont want customerrors on in a development server. if you must have it on for development purposes, create a separate development application in a child directory in your main application and put customer errors on only in that child directory and not in the main application. that way you can test code on the server without everyone under the sun seeing your code.