Thread: debugging

Default debugging

I&#039;ve created a C# web application project and moved a bunch of .asp files i&#039;ve been working on in there. I&#039;ve specified the login page of my application as my start page and the project as the start up project, the application works fine except when I hit F5 to start debugging, I get this error:<BR><BR>Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permissions to debug the server. Verify that you are a member of the &#039;Debugger Users&#039; group on the server. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?<BR><BR>I login as Administrator and I&#039;ve gone as far as to put &#039;Everyone&#039; in the &#039;Debugger Users&#039; group -- I&#039;ve restarted and this error still pops up every time I hit F5 to debug, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Default RE: debugging

I know this sounds like a crappy answer, but it was the only thing that worked for me: uninstall IIS and start over.<BR><BR>I went through a 3 days worth of troubleshooting with a tech from MS. I finally gave up and realized that had I just backed up the websites and reinstalled IIS and the .NET framework, I would have been done in a few hours.