Error Handling

Thread: Error Handling

Default Error Handling

I&#039;ve been working on a Data-Level integration of an ERP Package and Symantec Act! Contact Management Software. <BR><BR>Anyway, onto the question: <BR><BR>In the first script called by this program, before any actual work is done, a copy of the Act! database is made.<BR><BR>I have a RestoreDB() Sub that I call when I encounter known problems (ie The Database Lock was interrupted)<BR><BR>I know VBS doesn&#039;t support VB&#039;s On Error GoTo XXX, but is there any other way to acheive similar functionality? <BR><BR>The only thing I can think of is to use Resume Next and write a sub that checks for Err.Number &#060;&#062; 0 Then does it&#039;s stuff then Clears the Error. And Call that Sub at certain points in the script on the off chance there was an error. <BR><BR>Maintaining data integrity of this DB is very important, and Act! Uses a Fox Pro DB Modified with CodeBase Sequitter, so it&#039;s VERY picky. I really need to handle this somehow. <BR><BR>Any suggestions?

Default VBScript error handling is basic at best

I use JScript, which has full try/catch/finally error handling.<BR><BR>j<BR>