Data With Spaces

Thread: Data With Spaces

Default Data With Spaces

I&#039;ve been looking at this for a while now, and I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on this for me.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve created a simple page that is supposed to go out and find an "Account Number" based on a "Customer" that is selected from a drop down box. It works fine except for those customers whose names are entered into the DB with spaces. <BR><BR>Example: <BR><BR>XXXXXXX &#060;---that would work fine if selected from the box<BR><BR>XXX XXX &#060;---that would bomb if selected from the box.<BR><BR>I get a BOF or EOF is True Error. So it is like, that space causes the program to not find the record.<BR><BR>Has anyone encountered this before. And if so, could you give me a suggestion.<BR><BR>Here is the statement I&#039;m using to get the information...<BR><BR>SQLGetAccNum = "SELECT AccountNum FROM tblClient WHERE ClientName = &#039;" & Request.Form("Client") & "&#039;"<BR><BR>set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRS.Op en SQLGetAccNum,objConn<BR> <BR> strAccountNum = objRS("AccountNum")<BR> <BR> objRS.Close<BR> Set objRS = nothing<BR><BR>Thanks alot,<BR>BCH<BR><BR>

Default RE: Data With Spaces

on your form Assuming client is in a drop down list<BR>&#060;input type="text" blahhhhhh value="&#060;%=rsclients("client")"&#062;