problems with Response.Expires

Thread: problems with Response.Expires

Default problems with Response.Expires

Hey, guys,<BR><BR> It&#039;s the ASP newbie again with probably another easy question. Thanks, again, for all of your help in the past.<BR><BR> I work for a newspaper and I have an ASP page that provides a .jpg image of our front page daily. We basically just name the image "front.jpg," then delete the old image and upload the new one each day.<BR><BR> I have attempted to solve cache problems by just using the Response.Expires = 0 line at the head of the page, but it does not work. I found the following code on the Web, and it does not appear to work either. I want the page to refresh each time a visitor views the page so that the current day&#039;s front page will appear instead of the cached image from the day before.<BR><BR> Any help would be most appreciated.<BR><BR>Current code used for the refresh:<BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR>Response.AddHeader "Pragma","no-cache"<BR>Response.Expires = 0<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR> Any suggestions?<BR><BR>Sincerely,<BR>Vincent Whaley

Default RE: problems with Response.Expires

I usually use<BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Expires = 60<BR>Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"<BR>Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Plus, I think there&#039;s a meta tag that expires the page as well. <BR><BR>