Simple Password Validation?

Thread: Simple Password Validation?

Default Simple Password Validation?

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039m trying to set up an election ballot online and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction for inserting code that a) validates that the person voting is a member and b)only lets them vote once<BR><BR>I&#039d appreciate any kind of advice!<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Steph

Default RE: Simple Password Validation?

The way I did this with my company was relatively simple. I asked the enduser user for either their email address or their MemberID (our organization has MemberIDs for each member). Once I have their info I run a query on our db. If the query doesn&#039t find them I redirect them to a page that says we didn&#039t find them and to try again or contact our member service reps. If the query does find them they can vote. Each ballot is one record in a db table and I use their MemberID as the key field, thus they can only vote once. After a member votes a confirmation email is sent to them. If someone else we to use another persons email address to vote the true member would get the confirmation and hopefully call member services and report that they did not vote. <BR><BR>good luck<BR><BR>bart