How to Carry Connection Object from one ASP to Ano

Thread: How to Carry Connection Object from one ASP to Ano

Default How to Carry Connection Object from one ASP to Ano

Hi,<BR><BR><BR>How to carry Connection Object from one ASP file to ANother ASP File.<BR><BR><BR>Thx,<BR>P Vasanth

Default You don't

It&#039;s a lot better to create a new object on every new page.<BR><BR>You can store the connectionstring in a sessionvariable though.

Default RE: You don't

and if your server uses connection pooling then you should use it too. Will use redundant open conns rather than opening a new one regardless

Default Thx and need more help

Hi,<BR><BR>Thx for ur suggestions.<BR><BR>Here i need to carry connection object from one page to another.<BR>Kindly help!<BR><BR><BR>Thx.<BR>P vasanth

Default RE: Thx and need more help

that&#039;s a really really really bad idea. I don&#039;t think there&#039;s an excuse to do this.<BR><BR>Are you sure you need this?

Default RE: Thx and need more help

I think s/he THINKS they need it.<BR><BR>What do you want to achieve - WHY do you want to carry the connection object across pages?<BR><BR>Craig.

Default variables only

you should only need to carry variables across pages. as long as they are stored it dont matter about the connection...as long as there is one.

Default RE: variables only

Thx a lot<BR><BR><BR>Again i am posting a new question by explaining my need.