How do I select X number of books from table from a criteria with multiple values

Thread: How do I select X number of books from table from a criteria with multiple values

Default How do I select X number of books from table from a criteria with multiple values

Hi...I want to dynamically select and retrieve the detailed<BR>information of a record of an number of books using the ISBN number which is also one of te fields. Now...i want to be able to select all books with different amount of ISBN nuimbers, sometimes i want 3 books, so i will supply 3 sets of numbers to my query and sometimes i want to retrieve 4. Can i do it with the<BR>execution of one query instead of multiple queries<BR><BR><BR>thanks very much<BR><BR>ramesh

Shawn Clabough Guest

Default RE: How do I select X number of books from table from a criteria with multiple values

You will have to build the query like:<BR><BR>SELECT * FROM Books WHERE ((ISBN = 123456789) OR (ISBN = 987654321) OR ...)<BR><BR>A loop should solve it simply for the number of ISBN&#039s entered.

Default RE: How do I select X number of books from table from a criteria with multiple values

You could also use the IN sql function.<BR>Using the line from the previous reply, <BR>SELECT * FROM Books WHERE ISBN IN(123456789,987654321,...)<BR>This is a little easier than multiple ORs if you get a large list of criteria. Simply take in the list of criteria, comma delimit them and stick them in the IN sql function. Note, if they are text fields you will need to wrap them in &#039 marks, i.e. IN(&#039 123456789&#039,&#039 987654321&#039,...)<BR><BR>Mike<BR><BR>