nightly process in asp?

Thread: nightly process in asp?

Default nightly process in asp?

I have a customer who wants emails sent out on a nightly basis to people who have requested they be alerted upon a certain condition. At work here, we do something similar, but since we host our own site, we have the luxury of writing the emailing programs and setting them up as a scheduled task. Unfortunately for my customer, they don't host their own site and I don't think the host would take an exe and set up a scheduled task for this purpose. Is there any other way we could accomplish this in asp or Thanks.

Default Some hosts will actually..

.. schedule calls to ASP files on particular intervals.<BR><BR>I know does.<BR><BR>Otherwise, there are some hack/solutions, checkout for their article on scheduling tasks.

Default Possibilities

You could set up a scheduled task on your (or another&#039;s) server to do an http post to an asp file on the client&#039;s server that does the nightly mailing.<BR><BR>or<BR><BR>You could put a routine in a frequently accessed file to invoke the mail program if the time is after, say 3am, and the mail program has not yet run that night. (Logging the program&#039;s execution to the database.)<BR>or<BR><BR>You could also get a little more business out of them and run the email program from your own server and make remote database calls where necessary.<BR>