Connecting to db through firewall

Thread: Connecting to db through firewall

Default Connecting to db through firewall

I used the following to connect to a db but now the webserver this code resided on moved inside a dmz while the db remains inside the firewall. I have the appropriate dsn&#039;s set up and working, but the following code chokes - I guess because it is making a direct connection (over which port I do not know). I am a bit clueless on this but was told that I probably could not use a normal dsn connection because of the "Network Library=DBMSSOCN" piece (not even sure what this does). I did try removing "SERVER=ONYXSQLCLUSTER" and changing "DSN=;" to "DSN=ONYX;" but that gave me a big fat 500 error as well.<BR><BR>Dim OnyxConnectionString<BR>Set OnyxConnectionString = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>Ony xConnectionString.Open "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;SERVER=ONYXSQLCLUSTER;UID=SA;PWD= XXXXXX;DATABASE=ONYXPROD;DSN=;"<BR><BR>If OnyxConnectionString.State = adStateClosed Then<BR> Response.Redirect("/errors/error.asp")<BR>End If<BR><BR>Anyone know what I should do here?

Default RE: Connecting to db through firewall

well, the FIRST thing you shjould do is make sure the firewall has the appropriate port open. looks to be the default port to me - 1433<BR><BR>j<BR>