Clear the form data

Thread: Clear the form data

Default Clear the form data

Hi,<BR>When the user submit form data and got confirmation ,is it possible to clear this form data so when the user use Back button in the browser ,he see the blank form.I have a problem with user using Back button and resubmitting the same data again<BR>Thanks for any help,<BR>Lyn

Default Two things

One though not good...<BR>You can expire the previous page so when the user hits the BACK button to go to that page, he will see a PAge Expired message. So that will force him to type in the URL and go to that page again. In that case it will show a blank form.<BR><BR>Two..I use it...<BR>If you also allow the user to update the page afterwards...<BR>Use a IF-THEN-Else statement to check if it is a new user or an existing one. If the user is already their in the DB then don&#039;t let go to the new user(won&#039;t let him insert) code. Take him to the UPDATE sql part.

Default RE: Clear the form data

I keep this in a separate file and just include it when I&#039;m done developing:<BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Expires = 0 <BR>Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1 <BR>Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache" <BR>Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private" <BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Works for me..