aspnet_wp.exe error - please help!!

Thread: aspnet_wp.exe error - please help!!

Default aspnet_wp.exe error - please help!!

I have moved my .NET server to another machine that unlike the other 2 is setup with Active Directory Services.<BR><BR>When I try to view any .NET pages I get the default message saying the web server is unavailable ( its actually fine for everything but .NET).<BR><BR>Reviewing the event log shows 2 ASP.Net errors on the system<BR>the first is "aspnet_wp could not be launched because the username/password supplied in the processModel section of the config files are invalid"<BR><BR>The second error is aspnet_wp.exe could not be started HRESULT for the failure 8004005.<BR><BR>Can anyone help point me in the right direction, many thanks in advance.

Default We found something similar the other day...

...Very odd. Turns out the aspnet_wp.exe file somehow got corrupted on one of our web servers in the cluster. <BR><BR>I&#039;d try renaming the aspnet_wp.exe file on the affected computer to aspnet_wp.old. Then, copy over aspnet_wp.exe from a working server. Reboot the affected server. If you are using ASP.NET State Service, you may need to double check to ensure the service is set to start automatically still.<BR><BR>This took care of the problem for us.