Problem with poll example

Thread: Problem with poll example

Default Problem with poll example

I&#039m having a problem with the poll example the 4Guys have graciously created.<BR><BR>The poll itself is coming up fine, but when it sets the cookie, and goes to display the results, I get:<BR><BR>"ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR><BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>/poll.asp, line 51"<BR><BR>Specifically, its having a problem with the adOpenStatic and adLockReadOnly flags. <BR><BR>I created the poll.mdb in Access 2000, could this be the issue?

Default RE: Problem with poll example

Are you including ADOVBS.inc? You need to do this to use the ADO constants (adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, etc.)<BR><BR>See:<BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/faq/Beginner/faq7.shtml

That was the problem, thanks for the help. <BR><BR>Now I&#039m stuck at the same point Sandor is, it keeps reloading the question instead of the results. It is setting the cookie, which appears fine. When I embed it in my page, it won&#039t work. But when I run the example asp, it works like a charm.

Are you Setting the .Domain? Try NOT setting that. Also, worth a try, is extending the .Expires property. One developer I talked to had a problem because the machine he was testing it on had a three day difference on the system clock than did the server.<BR><BR>Finally, try nesting the cookies:<BR><BR>Response.Cookies("Blah")("HasVoted ") = "Yes"<BR><BR>(you&#039ll need to update this everywhere the Response.Cookies is used) as opposed to the current way:<BR><BR>Response.Cookies("HasVoted") = "Yes"