Can we protect the ASP code from being downloaded

Thread: Can we protect the ASP code from being downloaded

Default Can we protect the ASP code from being downloaded

I post this message last week and I was told that ASP executes on the Server side and the Browsers can&#039t view the code. But I have Frontpage installed in my system that gives me an extra button (Edit)in my IE. Therefore,I am being able to download the entire code from the server. What&#039s up with this??<BR>This is the site that i can download the code. All I have to do is click on Edit and it load the entire program into frontpage.<BR><BR>http://webdev.wrox.co.uk/books/1797/Chapter06/database_admin/rapideditbooks.asp<BR><BR>

Default RE: Can we protect the ASP code from being downloaded

That what you see is Client Side Script. Yes, Client Side Script can be VBScript as well but it won&#039t work on Netscape (try it). Not all scripts are ASP. Only Server Side VBScript is ASP, but Clinet Side VBScript is not ASP.<BR><BR>For little demonstration, this page you are viewing is ASP page, right? So, try to edit it.<BR><BR>Don&#039t worry, you can be sure you ASP page cannot be seen by other people. Fron Page will edit only code which is a result of ASP execution on Web Server.<BR><BR>P.S. I will not go in advance details of NT and IIS security, file extension of include files etc.