Live Scoreboard

Thread: Live Scoreboard

Default Live Scoreboard

Hi Everyone,<BR><BR>I am looking for some help with building a live scoreboard for a sports website. Here is what I need...<BR><BR>The scoreboard will need to work like ones that are found on such sporting sites like NBA, NFL, MLB etc etc<BR><BR>From a users perspective they will go to a page and view the game as it happens this page will need to continuely check (or poll) if a new entry has been added to the DB, if it finds a new entry it will display the entry with such things as score, time (ie the time left in the game or when the play was made such as 5min jordan goes for the drive and is fouled) and a brief transcript.<BR><BR>The information will be entered by an administrator or sports commentator who will type the plays as they happen and submit them to the DB.<BR><BR>Now all this looks very much like a Guestbook but it needs to be a little smarter than that.<BR><BR>Alternatively if someone nows of such a product I can use or buy i would appreciate it.<BR><BR>Your Help on this matter is greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Brad

Default Easy enough...

You bring up your page in something like this:<BR><BR>&#060;FRAMESET Rows="100%,*"&#062;<BR> &#060;FRAME Name="visible" SRC="yourMainPage.html"&#062;<BR> &#060;FRAME Name="hidden" SRC="driverPage.asp"&#062;<BR>&#060;/FRAMESET&#062;<BR><BR>The hidden frame page simply refreshes itself every 30 or 60 or 90 seconds (similar to what does) using setTimeout in JS code. The page that the web site delivers to the hidden frame contains info about any changes since the last refresh.<BR><BR>JS code in either the hidden frame or in the main frame uses the new data to update various chunks of the visible window.<BR><BR>Conceptually quite simple. The devil is in the details. You&#039;ll spend many, many hours getting it as pretty as you want it, no doubt. But you can get a demo up and working in a couple of hours, easily.<BR><BR>