confirmation msgbox for use with a delete

Thread: confirmation msgbox for use with a delete

Default confirmation msgbox for use with a delete

Hi,<BR><BR>I have the following and I&#039;m trying to put a return confirm in it to allow a msgbox to popup that gives the user a final chance to cancel a delete. Im having some problems getting it to work. Could someone help?<BR><BR>Response.Write "&#060;A href=&#039;/FileOpeningMemo/UsernamePassDeleteConfirm.asp?Action=Deleted&Empli d=" & oRsSQL("EmplID") & " &#039; " & chr(34) & " &#039; " & " &#062;"& "Delete" & "&#060;/a&#062;"<BR><BR><BR>i was trying to put this in, but having trouble<BR><BR>"&#039;return confirm(&#039;Press OK if you are sure that you want to delete this Username and Password, otherwise press Cancel.&#039;);"<BR><BR><BR><BR>thanks

Default RE: confirmation msgbox for use with a delete

Richie,<BR><BR> Are you trying to include the "return confirm..." line within the Response.Write command? I&#039;m a little unclear as to where this code goes, because as I read it, the first line creates the link to UsernamePassDeleteConfirm.asp, and that page has the return confirm on it?<BR><BR> Also, check your quotes in:<BR><BR>" &#039;return confirm(&#039; Cancel.&#039;);"<BR><BR> Depending on where code is located, you&#039;ll either want to remove the first single quote, or add another single quote after the semi-colon. Not sure this will fix your problem, but its a start.<BR><BR>--afpjr