Help with poll demo found on this fine site...

Thread: Help with poll demo found on this fine site...

sandor Guest

Default Help with poll demo found on this fine site...

I was playing around with the poll tutorial from this site, I uploaded everything, and all seems to work except for one thing...<BR>The cookie is set by the pollResults.asp page - but when I am redirected to the poll.asp page it continues to show me the voting both and not the results.<BR>I have not modified the code at all (I did adjust the cookies to last longer, to see if that would help but it didn&#039t)and am at a loss as to what it could be. Everything looks fine to me, but then again I&#039ve got just about no idea whatsoever what I am doing..<BR>All I can think is that it is not finding the cookie, perhaps something to do with the path, I am not sure, the If Then statement looks to be in order...<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for any help!<BR><BR>-sandor<BR>

Default RE: Help with poll demo found on this fine site...

Hello Sandor:<BR><BR>Let me ask you this. When you set the cookie in pollResults.asp, what do you set the .Domain field as? Do you set it as anything? This may be the problem. Let me know!! :)<BR><BR>Have a great day!

sandor Guest

Default solved - thank you!

It was actually a combination of that and changing the path setting, I hadn&#039t touched the two settings. As I am new to all this, I have learned one more thing : )<BR>Thank you!<BR><BR>-sandor<BR>