asp scripts not all (second posting

Thread: asp scripts not all (second posting

Default asp scripts not all (second posting

greetings:<BR><BR>I have been desperately trying to get asp scripts to work on my NT 4 server machine (with the latest service several times to no effect). The machine claims that the www service is running. However, when I try and run a simple test page I saved in the inetpub/wwwroot directory, the server-side script is ignored.<BR><BR>The page is called aspTest.asp<BR><BR>It contains nothing but the base html, and the following script inside the body tags:<BR><BR>&#060;script language="vbscript" runat="server"&#062;<BR>response.write "Hello World"<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>I am calling it by typing http://localhost/aspTest.asp in the IE address line. (I have also tried to run it using FrontPage) <BR><BR>When I click "Preview" in Frontpage, it complains that there is an error: "Object required response"<BR><BR>When I change the language to jscript (and change the syntax to response.write("Hello World");), I get essentiall the same error, except it says:<BR><BR>"response is undefined"<BR><BR>This makes me think that the asp engine is not working or is not present.....but that&#039;s supposed to be active by default, right?<BR><BR>ALL of the school NT machines seem to have this problem.<BR><BR>What am I missing????

Default Time to raise your hand and say "please sir"

Default permissions maybe...

Are you sure you have the correct permissions set on all of the required folders? If you don&#039;t know then check out microsoft&#039;s site for a start. From what I remember they give pretty detailed instructions on the permissions to get you up and running.