simple submit button problem

Thread: simple submit button problem

Default simple submit button problem

hi again... i am having a frustrationg silly problem.<BR>on page1.aspx<BR>i have a form with a text fileld "txtField1" and a button "button 1"<BR><BR>i have read that in .net buttons are submit buttons by what i think should happen when i hit the "button1" is that the web app should navigate to the Action of the form. But nothing happens?<BR><BR>I do know how to navigate via a redirect...but i do not want to do that. in this case i simply want to post the data in the textfield1 to another page as one would do in standard asp.<BR><BR>so in essence i can do the following on page2.aspx x = request.form("textfield1")<BR>console.writeline ("" +x );<BR><BR>thanks<BR><BR>p.s <BR>i know how to solve this problem by passing the textfiels1 value in the query string .....but this is not what i want

Default Answered above. (eop)

Default RE: simple submit button problem

Write the following code:<BR>&#060;script runat="server"&#062;<BR>Sub button_click(s As Object, e As EventArgs )<BR>&#039;write the code whatever you want to do<BR>End Sub<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>In the button tag write the following code:<BR><BR>onclick="button_click"