Can i dynamicly include files...

Thread: Can i dynamicly include files...

Default Can i dynamicly include files...

In asp.net cani dynamicly include files?<BR>I mean can i include other asp.net files dynamicly, not some html file.<BR>Something like the server.execute method in ASP 3.0.<BR><BR>Thanks.

Default No

Can&#039;t truly do this in classic ASP either. Check out the FAQ&#039;s on this site for that.<BR><BR>You really should put your include oriented code in class libraries and call their methods when needed.<BR><BR>Using includes in ASP.NET is possible for backward compatibility and methodologies. But, it is no longer<BR>recommended for site design.

Default RE: No

Class libraries, could you direct me in the right dirrection for learning this.

Default Where to Start

When he says Class files he is just talking about putting your code into a C# file and compliing it and putting it in the bin directory. This is a nice article that touches on this somewhat http://www.15seconds.com/issue/020430.htm. If you really wanta grab ahold of the concept... just remeber .Net is just a bunch of class libraries look at this...ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNQTR.2002JAN.1033/cpref/html/cpref_start.htm

Default Did you try...

Using Server.Execute(FilePath)??<BR>It works in classic ASP (IIS 5) and it works in ASP.NET.

Default but, listen to egghead<eop>