Hi, I&#039;m using some schemas when sending emails, one of <BR>the settings is as follows:<BR><BR><BR><BR>my question is how do I know that I can still access this <BR>even if I&#039;m on an intranet. The code is attached. Do I <BR>need internet access to eventually send the email?<BR><BR><BR>Const cdoSendUsingMethod = _<BR> "<BR>dusing"<BR>Const cdoSendUsingPort = 2<BR>Const cdoSMTPServer = _<BR> "<BR>pserver"<BR>Const cdoSMTPServerPort = _<BR> "<BR>pserverport"<BR>Const cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout = _<BR> "<BR>pconnectiontimeout"<BR>Const cdoSMTPAuthenticate = _<BR> "<BR>pauthenticate"<BR>Const cdoBasic = 1<BR>Const cdoSendUserName = _<BR> "<BR>dusername"<BR>Const cdoSendPassword = _<BR> "<BR>dpassword"<BR><BR>Dim objConfig &#039; As CDO.Configuration<BR>Dim objMessage &#039; As CDO.Message<BR>Dim Fields &#039; As ADODB.Fields<BR><BR>&#039; Get a handle on the config object and it&#039;s fields<BR>Set objConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")<BR>Set Fields = objConfig.Fields<BR><BR>&#039; Set config fields we care about<BR>With Fields<BR> .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort<BR> .Item(cdoSMTPServer) <BR>= "smtp_server_name"<BR> .Item(cdoSMTPServerPort) = 25<BR> .Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 10<BR> .Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic<BR> .Item(cdoSendUserName) = "username"<BR> .Item(cdoSendPassword) = "password"<BR><BR> .Update<BR>End With<BR><BR>Set objMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")<BR><BR>Set objMessage.Configuration = objConfig<BR><BR>With objMessage<BR> .To = "Display Name &#060;email_address&#062;"<BR> .From = "Display Name &#060;email_address&#062;"<BR> .Subject = "SMTP Relay Test"<BR> .TextBody = "SMTP Relay Test Sent @ " & Now()<BR> .Send<BR>End With<BR><BR>Set Fields = Nothing<BR>Set objMessage = Nothing<BR>Set objConfig = Nothing<BR>

Default These are just URI's...

See this page:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Despite the similarity of names to conventional web page URL&#039;s, these are only URI&#039;s. Meaning that, for all intents and purposes, they are just strings that imply a particular protocol.<BR><BR>Look into SOAP message, for example, and you discover URI&#039;s being used just to send "I"nformation, not locations.<BR><BR>