ODBC Problems: ASP- Access - Max

Thread: ODBC Problems: ASP- Access - Max

Default ODBC Problems: ASP- Access - Max

I&#039;m trying to connect to a MAX database via an ODBC-linked table in Access. SO I have a DSN set up for the Access Database, and one setup for the MAX database, and the connection is open for Access, but for some reason it can&#039;t open the connection to max. it goes like this:<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim Connect, OnCustID<BR>Set Connect=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR >Connect.open "CustomerMaster"<BR> <BR>Set OnCustID = Connect.Execute("SELECT NAME_23 FROM ""Customer _ Master"" WHERE CUSTID_23=0099")<BR>%&#062;<BR>where Customer Master is the name of the table in Max linked via ODBC to the Access database. What am I missing?

Default I do not believe...

...that linked tables created in Access carry over to queries made via SQL and ADODB.<BR><BR>I think you will either have to use the direct DNS of the MAX db or you will have to use the mechanisms for specifying an external DB that are available via the IN clause.<BR><BR>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/office97/html/output/F1/D2/S5A328.asp<BR><BR>(I&#039;ve never heard of a MAX DB, incidentally. What is it?)<BR><BR>