HTML Frame question.....

Thread: HTML Frame question.....

Default HTML Frame question.....

I have an ASP page that contains 2 frames (a left hand panel and a right hand portion). The left hand panel im using as a menu bar which contains a few buttons that once clicked will poplulate the right hand side (right hand frame) of the page with another asp page. However this is where Im having my using a javascript function (that gets called onclick of the button) to redirect to the new page BUT its redirecting always to a TOTALLY new page INSTEAD of just populating to the right hand frame WHICH IS WHAT I WANT IT TO DO!!! ANY IDEAS??? <BR><BR>Here is my javascript function that i am using to redirect:<BR>function redirectPage()<BR>{<BR> top.location.href("./Faith.html");<BR>}<BR>

Default Doing what you TELL it to!

&#062; top.location.href("./Faith.html");<BR><BR>"top" means "the topmost frameset in this window."<BR><BR>If you wanted to change some other frame, then you should say so.<BR><BR>If you have<BR><BR>&#060;FRAMESET ...&#062;<BR> &#060;FRAME Name="MENU" ...&#062;<BR> &#060;FRAME Name="DISPLAY" ...&#062;<BR>&#060;/FRAMESET&#062;<BR><BR>and the code you are using is in the "left" frame, then simply use<BR><BR> parent.DISPLAY.location.href("./Faith.html");<BR><BR>The "parent" for the MENU frame is the frameset. From there, you navigate "down" to the DISPLAY frame.<BR><BR>You could also do<BR><BR> top.DISPLAY.location.href("./Faith.html");<BR><BR>since the parent of MENU and "top" are the same thing in this case.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>